2016-06-06

China.sketch: 'the First day in the Sensitive City'


 My frined, how about Hunan* now?
 
     I was a little surprised when i got there the first because of '40' in the notice banner of the train. Frankly speaking, I hesitated to get out of Changsha Nan station when my train finally arrived there. Thankfully with a few steps, i could take a subway Line. 2. But about an hour later i really hesitated again to get out of the underground. i reminded myself again and again, 'You know why i am here, outside... that is just sunshine!' I eventually decided and got out of the underground, but the 'just' sunshine stole my breath in every steps. But i was happy. I could see the people of Hunan who i was looking forward to see. But at the time i couldn't understand almost of their saying. Across the unique atmosphere of them, i needed to walk to look for my first inn in Hunan. And fortunally I met a girl on the BIG streets who saved me.
 
     Actually my travelling to Hunan was in 'dramatic' or 'fortunally'. Yes, everytime was like that. The 'dramatic' was usually made by myself and the 'fortunally' was usually made by others.
     For instance, in the morning of the second day, i had to take a long-distance bus from Changsha to Fenghuang. But i couldn't find even the departure, Changsha Xi bus station. There left just 20mins for my bus to start. My heart started to make fast bounces. But 'thankfully' a college student volunteer who wear red jacket uniform with Chairman. Mao helped me. He leaded me to the station inside kindly and helped me to buy a ticket. And leaded me again to the door of the bus very kindly. Yes! there was still a bus whose engine was making fast bounces with the door almost closed.
     I shaked my hand for 'thanks' to him through the seat window. It was one of the beginning of my 'dramatic' times in Hunan.
 
     ... And fortunally i could meet a girl who can speak english well after a few hundreds wanderlust steps of mine. She was on the street with her friend in doing part-time job. She was giving some hand-outs to walkers. I originally wanted to just ask the direction for my first inn. But she was so kind. She leaded me to my first inn immediatly when her friend was still on the street lonely. And then she said she can spend more time for me if i want. So i made a dinner meeting with her. Actually at the building, second floor was my inn, and the gound floor was a door-opened small restaurant. We went there together. And there ware lots of dishes on the table. I could choose and take dishes by each payment. But it was not so easy because EVERY dishes look very delicious to a hungry traveler. Actually the Hunan local food in the dishes was really really delicious, especially to a korean who likes spicy.
     It made me feel as I am in my hometown. (But, it’s yours.) With the pleasure of my mouth, i started to use my spicy tongue to ask her lots of thing about Hunan.
 
    Reached to now... i still remember one thing very clearly. At the meal time, i was surprised at the beginning of sudden BIG rain. Before the time, whole Changsha was just surrounded by strong sunshine without humid. So i was a little suprised for the rain to getting bigger and rapidly.
     But she wasn't. With looking the rain, without suprising, she said in calm. 'Hey, don't worry. Changsha's weather is a little sensitive and changable. If you see it carefully you may be able to see four seasons in a day, when you are in Changsha. Hah...Hah...Hah.' Her laughing is still alive.
 
     The rain lasted during our long conversation. Even though we finally finished the meal, there was still. So I couldn’t wait anymore. This is the first day of mine and it cannot be delayed. So i started to walk with taking her under my umbrella. I wanted to take her to the subway station for rewarding her kindness. Actually, she showed intention about traveling her hometown with me. But... in short, I respectfully denied her suggestion. I wanted to be ALONE in the first world of China which I’ve never been to before. I could see she feel inconvenienced by the lack of chance with me after today. That was real. But she finally understood me. I said, THANK YOU for today from my heart.
     After taking her to the subway then i had to come back to my inn again. But the rain was getting bigger and bigger, i hesitated again in the same subway station which I was in the afternoon with strong sunshine. The rain seems never stop until I leave Hunan. So i decided again and made a courage. And i took off my shoes and sox. Because without this readym, i couldn't cross the roads filled with huge water stream. It was really problem of the road and the city, but the immoderational stream was so BEAUTIFUL.
 
     At last i could get into my inn. I had a shower with comfortable feeling. Outside of the bathroom’s window, there was still raining. The bathroom was really small and one whole side was fully covered by glass. So i was feeling me as in a shower with the big rain. Sometimes WORDS is not enough to express our physical world. I should have taken a photo of the bathroom with me... Anyway it was not usual experience in a VERY VERY small bathroom.
     After getiing out of the space, i dried my whole body and unpacked and sorted my backpack within the sound of the first Changsha's rain. And a couple of minutes later with finishing sorting, When i tried to lie my body on the bed. It SUDDENLY stopped. Yes. I’m sure. It was ‘SUDDENLY’, The rain in the air ... disappeared. (I don’t know where it went to, too). I even feel a kind of fear. It was... just... interesting.
     With it, i eventually could meet another Changsha. It seems to exist in the early autumn. The dark of the night was brilliant in the calm streets. Some of them came into my room, and it was refelected on the skin of my body and the bed.
     At the time, it was recalled. ‘You may be able to see four seasons in a day when you exist in Changsha. Hah...Hah...Hah'
 
     Until now, i'm curious about the weather of Changsha. She said true? or She was just kidding me? But the weather of the day was really fit with her words. I want to know the truth of Changsha.
 
     Anyway i now really miss the first day with the air of your hometown. My friend.
 
 
2015.08.07*
Hongsung 
 
 
*Hunan is one of big province of China. It is well-known for Old City of Fenghuang, Zhngjiajie National Forest Park, and a small city which Chairman Mao(Mao Zedong) was born in. And Changsha is the capital of Hunan
후난성은 중국의 큰 지방들 중 하나다. 후난은 봉황고성, 장가계 국립공원, 그리고 마오쩌둥이 태어난 작은 도시로 유명하다. 그리고 창사는 후난성의 수도이다.
 
*I had traveled to Hunan for about a week from the first departure train in Beijing on Mayday morning(the first day of May). The train took 7hours and the return train took 17hours.
나는 노동절날(51) 아침 베이징에서 출발한 첫 번째 기차로부터, 약 일주일간 후난을 여행했다. 그 기차는 7시간이 걸렸고, 돌아오는 기차는 17시간이 걸렸다.
 
*This travel sketch is just about the first day of about one week's my traveling to Hunan. So, some of the images above are not directly connected to the first day. But, you can feel it's local atmosphere. And Due to the images are limited to my old iPhone's, so they are few.
이 여행기는 나의 약 일주일간의 후난 여행 중 단지 첫날에 관한 것이다. 그래서 위의 이미지 중에는 첫날과 직접적으로 관련지을 수 없는 것들이 있다. 하지만, 후난의 지역적 분위기를 느낄 수는 있을 것이다. 그리고 사진은 오래된아이폰으로 찍었던 것들로만 한정하다보니 많지는 않다 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기